Thursday, September 21, 2017

Gracefully accepting I can't do it all....or "It IS okay to not stay outside ALL night you know"

I don't do well when what I've planned for doesn't go as I want.  SOMETIMES I can roll with it and be gracious about the changes.  Othertimes, it just makes me irrationally angry and I fuss and fume and spew venom about it.

I knew I needed to drop off Kaylee's application at the daycare yesterday, so THAT went according to plan.  Done and done.

When I got home, the ATV called.  I also wanted to lunge Strider too.  I wanted to saddle up and go riding.  I wanted to pull the cinch off my saddle and clean it and then do a deep clean of my saddle as well.  Trim Strider's feet again.  Clean the barn from the horses being in there for a day.

Except I realized, I had work that badly needed to be done inside.  I have clothes strewn all about because I didn't have hangers.  Except, the hangers came in a week ago, and STILL the clothes are all over the place.  The dishes were stacking up in the kitchen.  The living room is still a mess after the party.  I should vacuum.  Sweep and mop the floor.  Take care of the inside animals.

Ugh.  I was angry because, I've had the horses home and I have only gotten to RIDE once. 

And I had to let it go.  I did my outside chores quickly.  I'm unsure if the trough has a leak or the horses really ARE drinking it down that quickly daily.  But, while it probably needed to be dumped, I refilled it for one more day.  Tossed Strider his supplement and grain.  Laid hands on all 3.  I refuse to rush through that part.  Nothing is ever gained to rush a horse. 

The trough full and Strider done with his snack, I cut him loose and head into the house.

I check on the lizards.  Think perhaps Chili's starting to shed in earnest.  Attempt to give him more of the appetite booster, but he just gets angry at me and runs to the other side of his cage.  Glad to see him running around again.

Feed and water the cats.  Realize I should have brought the big can back up from the road and dumped the cat box, but realize I can do it the next evening. 

Call the dogs in from playing outside.  Pancho comes immediately.  Rango ignores me, so I just shut the door and go into the bedroom to start working on small projects.

I'd ordered a device that mirrors my phone on my TV, so I quickly got that set up.  Works like a charm!  So, while I watched the final episode of "Westworld", I messed with the Kimberwicke bit I bought a few months ago.  I spent time wrenching and prying the "S" hooks off the bit and the chain so I could use quick links instead to make it easily adjustable.  I then hung it on the new bit hangers I ordered from Janet Grimes Stoltz who owns "Trail Blazers Tack" in this GORGEOUS shade of purple.  It's almost electric.  I adore it.  Makes me wish I could afford another set of tack for fun.  But the reality is the next set of tack ordered from Janet will either be for Zurkh or for Tilly.  More than likely for Tilly as I anticipate for the next year or so, Zurkh will be working exclusively in his halter and lead rope while Kaylee is in the saddle.  And, Joe's indicated he wants his OWN tack.  I told him he'll have to suffer with the saddle I have for now, but he can order his own set of tack for his mare.  Especially since she's larger than any of the others, she's going to need something bigger.

So, that little project I'd been putting off is completed!  WHEW!  Set the bit aside so that I can take it out tonight while I FINALLY lunge (or go ride) Strider.

Then figured I'd set up my Garmin heartrate monitor with the adapter kit I bought.  Again, this too has been sitting around (it actually was delivered to the OLD house, as was the bit, actually), so it was time to get it prepped up.

The instructions to convert the Garmin Premium HRM with the Distance Depot kit were ridiculously easy, and I was done with that fairly quickly.  Set that aside as well to go out tonight to give it a trial run on Strider. 

And then, it was time to start doing laundry and sorting my stuff and getting it all hung up.

Spoiler Alert; I didn't get ALL of my clothes done.  I'm trying to get all of my regular clothes and ALL of my ren garb and as much belly dance gear as I can hung.  I apparently have an extensive collection.

My dad laughed when I told him I ordered 180 hangers.  I'm actually NOT laughing right now.  I burned through 36 last night going through just one pile.  Between work clothes, riding clothes, garb/dance gear, "slumming around the house" clothes and various articles of clothing...nevermind coats and jackets and the like...I think I'm going to end up using most of the hangers.

I did get the dishes into the dishwasher.  I didn't wipe down the counters though.  At this point, it was starting to get late, and I wanted to TRY and get to bed early.

Again, I didn't get EVERYTHING done that I wanted to get done.  The living room still has Kaylee's toys strewn about.  The kitchen still needs a good sweeping at the very least and the counters cleaned.

But, I was productive.  Perhaps not in a fashion Joe will agree with.  Perhaps not in a fashion OTHERS would agree with.  And that's okay with me.  The reality is I need to learn to be okay with the fact my "To Do" list cannot always be completed on a daily basis.  My life has changed significantly.  And it will change yet again in a week (and a few days) when Kaylee comes home permanently and we begin her going to daycare. 

We'll get it all figured out.  But until then, I'll celebrate that I got things accomplished.  And I refuse to feel like I "failed" because of someone else's arbitrary "grading" system. 

No comments:

Emails to the PFHA Executive Committee

 I wanted to log my correspondence with the PFHA executive committee because I believe clarity is important, and because I feel that my bree...