Friday, December 15, 2017

Day 3, Let's Go Camping!!....or "Can't we catch a break?!"

So, let me see here...where was I?

Oh yes.  Tilly.  Busted lip.  Stitches.  AJ, who had colic'd.  Okay then.

So, I had blanketed Tilly overnight as she was coming off her drugs, and was shivering some.  It was a thin sheet, no fill to it.  Just enough to provide some warmth from her own body heat. 

Once again, we all get up in the morning, and LM knows she's not riding AJ in the morning.  She mentioned she was going to just hang around camp, clean pens and relax and read.

I go and take the blanket off Tilly and start grooming her in the pen she's in.  I get one side done, then walk around to the other side....and notice immediately how tight she is near her belly.

"Hey B, can you come look at Tilly?  I think she's colicing."

The general consensus was yes, a very mild colic, but a colic nonetheless.  THANKFULLY we had the syringe of banamine for AJ, which Tilly got instead.

So, while B and H and L and her husband G all went riding, LM and I stayed back at camp, cleaned pens, and just relaxed and chit chatted.  It was really pleasant. We chatted about horses.  Enjoyed the dogs.  It wasn't too long before B and H came back (G and L opted to stay out for a long ride that day).  All the horses were fine, and we decided we'd take AJ and Tilly out for a very VERY easy evening ride.  And, we decided to try Rango out as a trail dog, paired up with B's dog Kita.

Long, leisurely lunch while the evening's dinner cooked in the crockpot in the trailer (smelled DELICIOUS!!!).  Sitting around the fire just chatting horses and about life in general with good friends...those things were wonderful about this trip.

Eventually we decided we would go ahead and start tacking up.

I decided I'd tack Tilly up at MY trailer this time though.  No point in tempting fate, right?







A very gentle ride!!

We had such a great time!  We took it nice and easy, and the dogs did GREAT!!!  Rango strayed some, but always seemed to keep an eye on the horses and came when we wanted him to.  It probably helped that he had Kita to make SURE he didn't stray too far as she was now part of his "pack"

Tilly behaved nicely, didn't seem to be hurting, and was happy to move. 

We opted to circle back though for dinner and more time around the fire.  And to start thinking about ending our camping trip the next day. 

No comments:

Emails to the PFHA Executive Committee

 I wanted to log my correspondence with the PFHA executive committee because I believe clarity is important, and because I feel that my bree...