Tuesday, January 31, 2017

River Run Ride Photos

I know my blog is super light on content.  I'm hoping that the posting after this one will have some answers about Strider and a plan on forward motion.  Right now, we're just in the holding pattern until tomorrow morning.

But, until then, here's some photos of Strider and I from River Run.

Good morning LHI!!

WTH is with my left foot?!  Ignore that, and instead focus on my really cool "Team Crazy Train" T-Shirt worn in honor of my "Bishes" H, B and L.  :)


Down by the Medina River.  Shaded and soft portion of the trail.

At final hold trot-out.  Still feeling good, still looking good!!  14 miles to go after this!



After this photo, Strider and I spent the last 14 miles pretty much alone.  It was both fun and frustrating as he got annoyed and depressed.  And as we chased the setting sun on the final loop, I realized that it's so rare that it's JUST he and I at the end of a ride, that this was a good lesson for him.  And that I hadn't taken ANY photos.

I looked to my right as we were at the top of this embankment, looking out towards the west, and the sun was this glowing ball on the horizon.  And I made both of us stop, and I paused to take it in.  To take in the sheer wonder and glory of a day spent with my horse as we chased the miles down.  And I felt gratitude for my boy.  He is stubborn.  He can pitch a tantrum with the best of them (so can I).  And I had spent much of the 14 miles reflecting on how he is the mirror of my soul.  How very similar we are.


My view from the top of the embankment as the sun sets.

Badly zoomed in photo of the sun.

Strider.  Hey, Strider, lookit me.  There's NO horses up ahead for you to chase.

Yes, there ARE horses that way.  Camp is that way.  We'll get there soon.

I've had people ask me, of the two Pasos, Dakini and Strider, who do I prefer.  For sheer grit, Strider.  YES, he pulls antics.  YES he is rude.  But, he makes me laugh.  Bunny bucking and all, it makes me laugh.  Sometimes grit my teeth and cuss him out...but I do love him.  And this ride reminded me of that. 

Even if he is 'broken'. 


No comments:

Emails to the PFHA Executive Committee

 I wanted to log my correspondence with the PFHA executive committee because I believe clarity is important, and because I feel that my bree...