Monday, October 16, 2017

Did I really have a weekend?....or "Horses consume a LOT of time, even if you're not WITH them!"

I knew moving to the country would mean early mornings and lots of things to get done.  Weekends are still fairly scattered and just as hectic as weekdays.

Saturday morning I was up early to take my 14 year old cat to the vet for a follow up appointment.  He's just getting older, but that doesn't mean I like it.  He's got some kidney issues, so he now gets B-12 shots every 6 weeks.  He's lost weight, and isn't all THAT into the special diet he's on.  But, this was just a follow up to see where he's at weight wise. 

So, I got that done then stopped at our local donut shop for breakfast.  We are nothing if not healthy.  HAH!! 

I then needed to go run my phone to get the screen fixed, which, once we found the place, was simple.  I dropped my phone and then called and had my old S5 activated so I wasn't without a phone for the few days it's going to take.

THEN a run to Fry's for Joe to look at long range digital antennas.  We're serious about seeing how long we can live without internet access.  So far, almost 2 months. 

THEN we ran to H's house to look at the carports.  Joe believes it will be a job that takes a full day, so we just let H's dogs out and visited with Dakini.

It was actually charming.  Kaylee gets out of the truck and screams out "DAKINI!!!!"  And, that sweet gray mare lifted her head and started walking towards us.  She left the herd to come and see Kaylee.  It was charming and lovely.  We all made sure to give her lots of love for a few moments, and then put the dogs back up and hit the road again.

Haircuts for Joe and myself.

We ran to pick up Josh, then home for a little while to work on projects and such.  I went ahead and fed the horses early, so Kaylee and I went out and did that together.  She's a good little helper.  Sometimes.  I mean, for a 3 year old, she's not bad.

Joe and Josh worked some on the back pasture, and after a while, we all went out to go grab dinner.  By that point, I was so exhausted, I was practically falling asleep over my dinner plate.  But then, once we left, I was awake again.  Not exactly sure what that was all about.  Potential sugar crash or something.  Who knows.

I just knew I needed to get to bed early so that I could get up early again on Sunday, hook up to the trailer and load Tilly and Zurkh to go get their feet trimmed!

No comments:

Emails to the PFHA Executive Committee

 I wanted to log my correspondence with the PFHA executive committee because I believe clarity is important, and because I feel that my bree...