Friday, March 03, 2017

Friday afternoon ramblings...

We are a GO for Saturday morning for Strider's dancing shoes!!

9:30 am is our go time.

The plan is for me to get to the barn around 7:30.  Since I cannot really do much with him, I shall groom him and get him cleaned up.  If the weather will cooperate, he can have a bath before the shoer comes.  Except, looking at my weather app, the weather isn't going to cooperate.  In fact, it's going to be disgusting.  100% chance of rain all day.  At our appointment time, I'm looking at a 35%-435 chance of rain.  Lovely.

Thankfully, we have a barn and a covered area that we can go to if it's wet out.  There's even a wash rack if I need to coop him up in that (not sure if that would work, but hey...will do what I need to do!).

Depending on the weather, and how he's feeling, I MAY hop on for a quick jaunt around to see how he's feeling.  Heck, I -might- just even try him out on the rocky side of the property to see how he's feeling!! 

Slowly.  We'll go slow.

And, having talked with my farrier (not the shoer), I think I'll alter my plans for Shanghai at the end of the month.

Back to back LDs again.  As she pointed out, lots of angle changes, and keep an eye on that suspensory just in case.

And, we're probably not QUITE fit enough for my big goal of 50/25 for end of March.  But we'll be there for April.

So, much as I want to chase the points at a place I know I can do it, and do it well, we'll hop on board just to fine tune and make sure we're REALLY all the way back.

And, to be honest...while he would have done it.  While WE would have done it...maybe we're not where we need to be just yet.

Not 100% on the Back to Back LD track....but about 96% sure that's what I'll be doing.

No comments:

Emails to the PFHA Executive Committee

 I wanted to log my correspondence with the PFHA executive committee because I believe clarity is important, and because I feel that my bree...