Thursday, March 02, 2017

Mail fairy delivers the goodies!!!

This won't be a long post. 

I got NOTHING done with the horses this past weekend.  Literally NOTHING and I'm mildly vexed by that.  It seems like life keeps kicking me in the crotch whenever I make plans to get riding done.  So, this week, no negotiating with the hostage-taker named "Life", I -will- go ride Friday.

Well, I guess life took me hostage Mon-Thur. 

I digress.  FRIDAY I SHALL RIDE!!!

Why?

Well, because BOTH of these showed up on the same day.


Ground Control shoe on the left and Scoot Boot on the right!
Close up of the bottom of the Ground Control shoe.
The screams of joy as I opened up the box of my Scoot Boots and the big envelope with my gorgeous turquoise shoes bounced off the walls.

The GC APPEARS so flexible to me in the photos online.  Don't ask me WHY I think that, but I do!  But, while there's some "give" to it, it's really fairly rigid. 

I was also HAPPILY shocked that when I got my Scoot Boots, it comes with ALL the colors of pastern straps!  Well, ALMOST all.  They've JUST introduced orange and red.  So, I can make "rainbow" boots if I so desire (guess what?  I desire!). 

I was going to go riding today, but...I haven't been sleeping well the past two nights and I'm kind of a zombie at work today.  Now, I literally was going to get my saddle "Just in case", but I realized, when I'm this tired, I'm a poor rider.  Well, worse than normal.  And that's just not fair to my horse, now is it?

So, tonight I will go to bed early so I can go riding tomorrow.

Haven't heard back from MM's shoer to confirm our Saturday morning appointment for Operation Shoe Installation.  But, I'm still on track to assume that's what we're doing.  Which means an early morning Saturday for me as I go out there well over an hour prior to the appointment to pull Strider off all food.  Then somehow figure out how on earth to get Demosedan under his TONGUE (how on earth does one achieve that?!). 

As long as it takes the edge off of him, I do so hope that this will be successful.  I'll leave him be on Sunday (unless I can sneak away in that brief amount of time I have before Joe has to go to his Sunday work gig), but will go ride him on Tuesday to see what we've got.

Tomorrow, I pull Dakini out to slap her Scoots on then go for a jaunt!!

No comments:

Emails to the PFHA Executive Committee

 I wanted to log my correspondence with the PFHA executive committee because I believe clarity is important, and because I feel that my bree...