Friday, April 21, 2017

Updated RedDraggin'...

So, this will be a mostly images post.

I finally managed to borrow a power washer from my friend H, and power washed the top of my trailer (you know, the RedDraggin').  Joe and I bought the elastomeric paint and while he did the breaks on the car, I power washed the trailer and then we painted it the next day.


It isn't classy and it isn't high dollar, but it LOOKS better, and, from the one trip to Shanghai Trails post-paint job, I do earnestly believe that the paint does help keep it cooler inside the trailer.

Yeah, it was pretty gross up there.
Like really REALLY gross.

I also got REALLY bored.  BORED.

However, it's amazing just how much better it looked simply power washing off the nasty grime made things look up there!




 Also in this process, we discovered that the side windows, which I had always assumed were locked, they weren't.  They were just stiff.  With some WD-40 and a flat-head screwdriver, Joe managed to get them into working order.  So, now I can just feed a lead rope through and guide my horses in.  And toss alfalfa or hay in now!  I'm so pleased!!!



I fell in love with my little trailer all over again after all this work.  He'll be with me until he's unable to do his job anymore!!!

Before on top.  After on bottom.  Passenger side. Otherwise known as the "LD horses only" side. Socks and Dakini ride on this side.
Before on top.  After on bottom.  Otherwise known as the "Endurance horse only" side.  This is Strider's side.

No comments:

Emails to the PFHA Executive Committee

 I wanted to log my correspondence with the PFHA executive committee because I believe clarity is important, and because I feel that my bree...