Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Introductions are always a challenge...

It's been a LONG time since I last blogged.  I was a regular blogger back when Livejournal was popular, if that tells you anything.  You know, back before Facebook was the place to be. 
Which is dating myself.  Oh well.

Anyway, since I've been blog stalking the past few weeks, let me do an introduction.

Why?

Simply because I dislike reading new blogs myself and not knowing who all the "players" are and trying to puzzle it out as I read.  I also dislike not knowing the "backstory", but, being realistic, I can't provide the backstory for EVERYTHING important in my life. 

Over the next few days, I'll provide the "backstory" for those important people and animals and "things" in my life.  That'll probably be interspersed with current events. 

Emphasis on "probably".  Heavy emphasis on "probably".

Me?

I'm Erin.  As of today, I'm 37 years old.

Here's my cast of characters: 

Joe (my husband; we've been married for 1 year)

Austin (my 16 year old son, and I usually refer to him as "A")


Josh (my 12 year old step-son)

Kaylee (my newborn daughter, and I currently refer to her as Kaylee-bear)

 The animals:
Dogs
Shadow (my husband's dog who is a black-lab mix)
Pancho Villa (my dog who is a Dachshund)

Cats
Shane (my cat)

Snickerdoodles (my cat who I have a multitude of names for; Doods, Poods, Poodler primarily)


Lizards
Lazarro (Austin's Leopard Gecko)


Chili (Austin's Bearded Dragon)

Horses
Socks (my Arabian, registered name "El Sidar")
Strider (my Paso Fino, registered name "MGA's Fuerte del Energia")


Those are all the main players.

I work for the State of Texas as an administrative assistant.  I've been with my agency for 2 years. 

For fun, outside of spending time with the family, I trail ride my horses, or ride with my husband on his Harley.

I'm an avid reader and I love movies (don't most people say those things though?).

My favorite books:
The Phantom of the Opera - Gaston Leroux
Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden
Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah - Richard Bach
The Last Unicorn - Peter S. Beagle

That might give you some insight as to what I like to read, so there's some insight in to who I am.

So, what about you?  What are some of your favorite books or movies?  Your "Go To" faves?  I'm always on the hunt for new things to love!

1 comment:

Nicole A said...

New to your blog, and I'm being that creepy person that reads from the beginning. ;) I LOVE Richard Bach (I have Illusions but my favorite is The Bridge Across Forever) and I also have The Last Unicorn book. It was my favorite movie as a kid! My all-time favorite horse books are all of the Walter Farley books and Sabre The Horse From the Sea by Kathleen Herald.

I had a Paso growing up that I raised from a weanling and broke myself to saddle. I was his only owner until the day he died at age 20. I absolutely adore the breed. I don't own one now, but I drool every time I see one at endurance rides. I dreamed of riding my guy, Lucero, in endurance but it didn't exist in my country (I come from Puerto Rico. The Paso is the national breed.) I'm currently competing my TB cross mare, Tiger Lily, in endurance. We debuted in the sport last year doing 50s (yes, I'm crazy, but we completed.) My husband and I also own a Rocky Mountain Horse mare named Gracie whom we hope to start competing this year in LDs. :)

Emails to the PFHA Executive Committee

 I wanted to log my correspondence with the PFHA executive committee because I believe clarity is important, and because I feel that my bree...