Monday, December 29, 2014

Back to it...

A week off work does wonders to your motivation.

Like utter and complete decimation of any semblance of motivation.

We had a wonderful Christmas despite some hiccups the day of, and I even squeezed in a ride over the break.

Monday was spent running errands with A-man; doctor's appointment, Strait Music to drop off his horn, then last minute Christmas shopping and lunch.

Tuesday, Joe came home early since he wasn't feeling well, and I bolted off in the late afternoon to have Austin's car repaired (he's got my parent's old Honda Accord, which fell under the airbag recall).  That whole thing was a fiasco in and of itself.

I called Friday the 19th on my way home, because I realized I'd called about this back in November after Thanksgiving, was told they'd call me when the part came in...and I never received a phone call.

After getting run around on the phone, I was told the original part had been shipped back since it'd been so long, but they'd re-order it and could I bring the car in on Monday?  Uhm, late in the day I could.  Made the appointment, and not 2 minutes later I get a call that the part won't be here Monday, could I just bring it in on Tuesday, anytime I wanted?  Ugh.  Fine.  FINE.  Way to underwhelm me, but fine.  Let's just get this over with.

Suffice to say, walking in on Tuesday, I was already a wee bit annoyed with this whole affair.  But, I happened to mention in passing that the driver's side seatbelt buckle didn't always catch....what would that cost, ball park, to have fixed?

Was told they'd look at it and get back to me.

As they finish the airbag repair, I'm told the seat belt buckle is a lifetime warranty by Honda.  They'll get the part ordered, and it should be in within 48 hours.  I give them extra time due to Christmas, so I call when I get to work today.  Part's not in.  It's on back order.  They'll call when it comes in.

I'm not holding my breath. I'll call back on Friday.

Wednesday was nothing but being lazy around the house. 


We did rent "The Interview" once Austin got home.  It was awful, as was expected.  But, whatever.  Movie not even out in the theater and I was able to watch it from home?  Got to admit, I like that.

As par tradition, I watched "Scrooge", the old black and white version with Alistair Sims.  It's a remnant of my childhood.  I dozed off during it, but it always takes me "home" and old traditions.  I could practically quote the movie along with the characters, and I love that.  I hope to share that with Kaylee as I've shared it with Austin.

Thursday was Christmas.  Kaylee slept in until about 11 as did Austin.  Josh was with his mom, so Joe went and got Nanny (his grandmother) and brought her to our house where we opened our family gifts.  It was nice and quiet and I enjoyed it. 

Austin got computer parts, which he was excited about.  I didn't get Kaylee much (a little Disney train and a little stocking stuffer), but wrapped the gifts from her Aunt Meagan (my best friend) for her to "open". 

After that, over to my sister's house to open more gifts, eat tasty food and just relax, then home again around 8 or 9.

Friday was a lazy day as it was raining.

Saturday, I did go to the barn with the plans of hauling to McKinney Roughs to ride with some new people.  Rain shut down McKinney.  Instead, one of the ladies hauled to the barn and we rode around the property, which was nice.  I did get hooked on to the trailer by myself, but, between the wind and the rain and the cold, Socks refused to load.  Poop.   I'll post more about that later.

Sunday was spent tidying up and being lazy again.  Missing the sun.

And, now it's Monday...back to work until Wednesday, where I leave work at noon for the year. 

I hope everyone had a great holiday and got to spend it in whatever form or fashion makes your heart happiest. 

No comments:

Emails to the PFHA Executive Committee

 I wanted to log my correspondence with the PFHA executive committee because I believe clarity is important, and because I feel that my bree...