Thursday, December 18, 2014

It's not a matter of "if"...

...but "when".  Especially if you live in Texas.

Allergies. 

If you live in another state, you just THINK you know what allergies are.  You don't.  I promise you don't. 

I love my home state, but, let's be real, it kind of wants to kill us all.

We have scorpions, rattle snakes, water moccasins, black widow spiders and brown recluse spiders and all other sorts of creepy crawlies that want you dead.

Then, add in all of the allergens, and BAM!  You have a state that's painted a bulls eye on your head and is trying to hit the target.

I'm a native Texan.  I was born here and have lived here for pretty much my entire life (excluding a few years in exile in Kansas, which sucked for SO many reasons). 

I have never really experienced bad allergies.  Some mild sniffling and sneezing in the spring and summer from freshly cut grass, but never have I ever had to deal with cedar allergies.

Hah.  I am this year.  And it's awful. 

Let me show you how the cedar count has been this week:

Can you see that?  That explains my misery which started Monday afternoon with a slightly sore throat, and escalated last night in to a throat that's so sore that it felt like needles were being stabbed in to it, which caused me to cough so much I was choking and close to vomiting.  My eyes were watering so badly it was like I was crying.  My nose is so congested that I only have 1 working nostril.  And my headache...oh lords, my headache.

I'm not going to lie, my ability to breathe (or rather, lack of at this moment) is impacting my drive to get work done at work. 

It's also impacting my drive to shop for Christmas. 

So far, I've only gotten the boys their stocking stuffers.  I resisted the urge to buy some for myself, because this stuff looks so freaking awesome!






I hadn't heard about this stuff until late last week, googled it, saw a video and said "That's so freaking cool!  I've got to get some!  It'll make the neatest stocking stuffer for the boys!"

Magnetic Thinking Putty Video

I can't wait until they get it so I can play with it. 

However, much beyond buying the Thinking Putty, I haven't gotten anything else done.  Well, I bought my Secret Santa gifts, and gifts for some of my coworkers (just not all of them, which I need to do tonight since I'm out of the office all week next week).

Then it's time to shop for my family.  I'll get it done, it's just kind of stressful.  Especially since I've put it off for so long.

Thank goodness for Amazon Prime!  2 day free shipping, YES PLEASE!!

And so, with that, it's time to get to work (or at least try to work), intersperse it with some shopping for family on Amazon, and try to get everything done I need to get done before tomorrow.

Now, here's hoping I can get motivated enough to make it happen!

No comments:

Emails to the PFHA Executive Committee

 I wanted to log my correspondence with the PFHA executive committee because I believe clarity is important, and because I feel that my bree...