Friday, December 12, 2014

Life happens

Feeling a little unmotivated today.

Let's call it the Holiday Blues.  I always seem to get them; I suspect it's the stress of finding that perfect gift for everyone, and making sure you've covered all of your bases and gotten something for EVERYONE who potentially MIGHT get you something.  And then, when someone you didn't anticipate getting you something, you have to scramble to get them something, adding to the stress.

I know I do this to myself.  I need to find a way to somehow "Let it go!  Let it Goooooo!!!!"

I blame some of my severe lack of motivation on not having to work yesterday.  Our friend who watches Kaylee called on Wednesday evening to let us know her daughter was sick; potentially with the flu.

Okay then.  Called mom who had a mid-afternoon commitment, but (surprise, surprise!) was available today to watch Kaylee.

So, I called out of work yesterday.  It was so nice to sleep in again with my little girl.  We got up at 10 so we could meet Daddy at the state capital for lunch, and then head over to my office so people could see her (again).

Networking through Facebook the past two days.  Happened to stumble in to a group of local trail riders.  And, since I'm notoriously shy, I made myself reach out.  I figure, they're horsewomen.  At least we've got that in common?  Sounds like we're meeting for lunch on Sunday.  This works since the weather's probably going to be bad on Sunday, so it's not like I'll miss riding time.

I was also upfront and honest that Strider's still a little green.  My goal for 2015 is to send him to Holly or her son Douglas for at least another 30 days.  He's good, but I know he can be better.  I just lack the knowledge to get him there.

I mean, come on, he's really smart and he lacks fear (for the most part).

And then to decide what I really want to do with him.  He's a great trail horse, and LOVES going new places and seeing new things.  Competitive trail perhaps.  I know he'd make a great endurance prospect or LD prospect; I just don't have the time to condition him (or myself). 

As for Socks, I'm not quite sure his fate yet.  I suspect ultimately he'll be Kaylee's mount.  I'd like to look in to doing 4H for her.  Then let her decide what direction she wants to go.  We've got a few more years to go.  And perhaps a REAL pony before we step up to the (super short) horse.


How can you not love that face? 

Honestly, people have asked me how he ended up being such a good horse.  Honestly, he still has some issues (tarps, for example, are death to horses...water is also to be avoided if at all possible), but really, he's so honest and really steady.  I got SO very lucky with him. 

Some day I'll go in to his 'back story' about how I ended up with him.

Truth be told, Socks and Strider are the only GOOD things that came out of my time with my ex-boyfriend.  Well, that and some honesty with myself.

What about you?  Break-ups, good or bad or amicable, what are some POSITIVE things you've left a relationship with? 

No comments:

Emails to the PFHA Executive Committee

 I wanted to log my correspondence with the PFHA executive committee because I believe clarity is important, and because I feel that my bree...