Monday, December 15, 2014

Weekends are too short

No, really.  I mean that.  2 days just never seems long enough to get everything done or see everyone I want to see.

Saturday we slept in some, or at least until Kaylee started stirring, which was around 9 or so.  I needed to get to the post office to mail out my Secret Santa gifts, and Joe needed to get his textbooks returned through a UPS drop-site (just as an FYI, if you're in college, Amazon's textbook rental is AWESOME!  This is the second semester we've done it for Joe, and we've decided this is how we'll continue to do it if the books are available to rent).

So, we quickly got ourselves ready, got Kaylee ready and headed out.  1 stop by the post office to find out their hours (and be horrified by the length of the line), 1 stop by the UPS drop-site (privately owned shipping store), 1 stop by Walgreen's (I wanted to send some candy with 1 of my Secret Santa gifts), back to the post office where I just bolted in, grabbed some priority boxes and then back out again, then BACK to the shipping store to send my last Secret Santa gift out.

Off to grab lunch; Schlotzsky's.  Seriously, this is my favorite restaurant. 


I've loved Schlotzsky's since I was young.  Been a fan for 20+ years.  And in those 20+ years, I've only ever had 1 sandwich.  The Original.  No onion.  Want to make me happy?  Bring me an Original.  Not sure where I might like to eat?  Scholotzsky's is ALWAYS a safe choice.  Steak?  Yeah, that's awesome, but it's not an Original. 

Anyway, after lunch, off to buy groceries (ugh, I hate grocery shopping).  Grab the boys some lunch, then unwind before heading off to a holiday party/game night at my BFF's in Leander.  Josh wasn't feeling well, so he stayed at home while the rest of us went.

Took Kaylee who didn't do well.  Too late in the evening, too many people, and the poor thing had a meltdown unless Daddy was holding her. 

We didn't stay super late, though I know Austin was have a good time playing "Cards Against Humanity" and feeling like he was an adult.  Always nice to see his goofy and playful and fun side shine through.  I get angry teenager more often, so I cherish those times when angry teenager goes away and I get my fun-loving son back.

Sunday we slept in.  I piddled around because at noon I was meeting some women in Luling. 

I'll be honest; I'm painfully, horribly shy in person.  So much so that meeting new people causes some serious anxiety for me.  It's uncomfortable and I'll spend time coming up with reasons not to go, or things that just HAVE to be done right this very second.  But, I'm trying to push myself outside of my comfort zone, and I need more people and friends that I can go trail riding with.  And that's what this was; fellow lady trail riders.  More specifically the "Central Texas Lady Trail Riders".

It was a nice meeting and getting to know some people.  There were only 4 of us on Sunday, but I hope we'll grow slowly and have a few more additions.  I want to trail ride off property more often, but Strider's not ready to go it solo, and sometimes not everyone at the barn can go when I'm free.  And, while Socks is pretty steady, it's not necessarily a "fun" ride.  Strider's a fun ride.  Socks is a safe ride. 



The rest of the day was spent just hanging around the house. 

So, here I am, feeling unmotivated yet again.  I've got to get over this end of the year blahs.  Some money coming in will help alleviate some of my stress.  Getting things cleared off my desk at work will help some as well.  I'm hoping I'll be able to squeeze in some time out at the barn over the holiday break (assuming the weather plays nicely with me!).

I know I can't be the only person battling the holiday blues.  Any ideas, tricks or tips to kick them to the curb?  Especially with the sun setting so early, even going out for a walk with the dogs in the evenings after work doesn't work (I don't get home until between 5:30 and 6 most days).  Looking for SOMETHING to help with these blahs!

No comments:

Emails to the PFHA Executive Committee

 I wanted to log my correspondence with the PFHA executive committee because I believe clarity is important, and because I feel that my bree...