Thursday, May 05, 2016

Ch-ch-ch-changes!!

So, yesterday I went to drop hay off for Strider with Holly and, as always, it's such a joy to just relax with another, and far more knowledgeable horsewoman, and soak up the knowledge she has.  And, of course, to just be around the horses feels magnificent.  It is something I am looking forward to in the next 4 or 5 years myself.  We made arrangements for me to come pick him up on Saturday and take him back to where I board as the weather should be dry enough that he'll be safe for the next week before our final spring ride.

My Renegades are now in the mail and on their way to me.  Hoping they're in hand tomorrow evening...Saturday afternoon at the latest.

While at the barn talking to Holly, I finally broached the topic that I've been weighing for about a month; letting Socks stay with a friend for her daughter to ride, while I take her Paso Fino mare to play with.  This isn't permanent (well, in so far as her keeping Socks.  If I like the mare, whenever we finally move, I might just buy her, depending on how well Joe likes her), but I think it will be good for Socks, good for Strider, and good for this mare.  I've always wondered if Strider was easy to train because I had him from when he was weaned, or if it's because, as a whole, the breed is just highly intelligent.

The mare does have 30 days of professional training, so it's not like she's completely ignorant, it'll just be something different for me to do while Strider gets to relax for the summer and go on pleasure rides and such. 

And, I think if Joe really does want to try and do some Limited Distance rides, he'll need a smoother ride than Socks. 

Doesn't hurt she's a nicely bred mare and rather pretty to look at to boot.

And I do so enjoy doing groundwork with horses.  Makes me irritated that I left all the Clinton Anderson DVDs behind in Kansas, but what can you do? 

If you're me; go buy them off eBay used.  :)

Because, that's what I did!!

No comments:

Emails to the PFHA Executive Committee

 I wanted to log my correspondence with the PFHA executive committee because I believe clarity is important, and because I feel that my bree...