Friday, May 06, 2016

Friday ramblings...

So, as I was laying down last night, I realized that there's only a week left before I'll be in ride camp for the last time this spring season.

ONE WEEK?!!!  Where did the time go to?

I'm a little concerned because my horse has basically been in "lay off" mode for about a month now.  We'll get in a leg stretcher this weekend, I'll attempt to knock out 15 miles on Sunday, while trialing all 4 Renegades and my new knock-off GoPro camera.  So, this should be interesting. 

I will say though, my horse looks AMAZING after 3 weeks on stall rest, 2 square meals a day, constant grooming and attention.



So, I've got the learning curve for the Renegades (I'm going to re-review the videos I've watched about adjusting the cables).  The learning curve for the little camera (not exactly a high priority, but wouldn't it be nice to have it working for Last Hoorah!?).  And then making sure my tack is still a go.

And then beginning my electrolyte regimine.  That starts up next week.  Though I'll get it rolling on Sunday.  Might as well, right?

Saturday in the afternoon I'll bring Strider home again.  And then hope he stays away from anything that could wound him over the next 7 days until I toss him into the trailer.

Thinking we might do some hill sets on the small hills at Rusty's.  Mostly I just miss RIDING.  It's been a while.

And then I need to somehow squeeze in the time to see my mom on Sunday.  I believe the current plan is to go with Joe on Sunday when he works his police officer gig, drop him off for work, then drive to Jarrell to visit mom and dad until he gets off shift.

Saturday I also need to tell Rusty I'm moving out.  It's less than a 2 week notice, but I don't really care at this point.  I can give him 2 weeks then, just, my pen will be empty for an entire week.  It's fine with me.  I'm ready to go somewhere different where Strider has some more room to move around and live in a more natural environment.  And to send Socks to go live with Heather.  That'll be nice!

Last night was spent watering the plants and then measuring out where our pool is going to go.  I convinced Joe to get the 18' pool that's really only about 4' deep.  It will consume most of our backyard.  I am okay with this.  Less to mow, more to swim.  Win/Win to me!!

Perhaps on Saturday I can run to the store, get a small weed barrier mat and get my gardenia planted.  That'll be awesome! 

Our peaches seem to be getting sweeter and sweeter off our one, sad little tree.  The jalapeno plant put off 1 jalapeno that Joe ate last night.  It was supposed to be mild, he said it was rather hot.  I also pulled a leaf of oregano off and ate it last night.  It's the "hot and spicy" variety and it has a rather pleasant kick to it.  Looking forward to putting that in some foods.

No comments:

Emails to the PFHA Executive Committee

 I wanted to log my correspondence with the PFHA executive committee because I believe clarity is important, and because I feel that my bree...