Monday, January 02, 2017

Nothing new to see here...

...because I'm out riding.

Or at least, that's the plan.

So, as you've guessed, this is a scheduled post.  And as such, I hope in the following day or two I'll be able to share some pictures of a return trip to last week's trail head (Willis Creek at Granger Lake).

Once again, we shall see if I can stick to the plan of getting there early and getting one out for a quick ride before riding out with the group. 

Just to see where he's at mentally prior to our endurance ride in just a few weeks.  Which is shaping up to be quite fun!!

So far, B is confirmed to go ride the LD on Dakini with our friend EB on her appaloosa gelding on Saturday, and while I go out to do the LD on Sunday, they will be going out to do the Intro ride.  B on her mustang gelding and EB on Socks. 

Let me point out how happy it makes me to look at Socks' AERC record and see different names on there.  Mine.  My step-son's.  One of my friends.  And while AERC doesn't post Intros, Socks shall carry EB.  And this makes me happy.  That horse seems to have found his passion; endurance rides.  Sadly, my body has NOT found a passion to ride him for that length of time.  Those 30 miles were kinda tough on me.  I'm sure if I rode him more, I would get over it.  But it sure is hard to saddle up a trotter when you can get on the glider. 


Can you see the pain?  It's why I'm ALL messed up with my legs back, leaning forward.  This is 30 miles with an additional 4 miles, one fall, and me not electrolyting MYSELF enough so that -I- bonked.  However, look how good SOCKS looks!!
So, with all of that, fingers crossed that I'm successful at my plan.  But if not, that's okay too. 

Because I'll also be out riding on Sunday, and I can definitely see where Strider is at on that day!


No comments:

Emails to the PFHA Executive Committee

 I wanted to log my correspondence with the PFHA executive committee because I believe clarity is important, and because I feel that my bree...