Friday, February 03, 2017

X-Rays Are In...

I promised that once I got the X-rays I would share them. 

Here they are.

As noted, on his right front, we have 8.5mm and on the left front we have 7.8mm.  Just barely over half of what the vet thinks is ideal.

Yes, those toes are long.  In my farrier's and my defense, he was trimmed on 1/1/17 so you're looking at about 4.5 weeks of growth.  It very much needs to be pushed back.  And, once I get the shoer out *gulp*, that is what we will be doing.

Right Front.
Left Front.
I also just want to add here; isn't modern technology a marvel?  That we now have the ability to bring an X-Ray machine to a HORSE BARN to x-ray whatever we need done, and to THEN be able to view it INSTANTLY there AT the barn is a marvel to me.  And one I am so grateful for!!

Thank you to Dr. Moore and Moore Equine for becoming the newest part of #TeamStrider, #TeamDakini, #TeamSocks and #PasoPower.  :)

So, now that I know Strider, at least currently, isn't a hoof boot candidate, I have a Scoot Boot fitter coming to the barn on Sunday at 12:30 to measure Dakini and Socks for boots.  Dakini doesn't grow super fast, but Socks grows fairly evenly.  But not badly.  So, guess we'll see what the fitter thinks as we'll be at 5 weeks post-trim then.

Also means I need to toss my pair of Scoot Boots into the vehicle so I can swap them.

Now to decide what color of straps to run Dakini in!  :)

No comments:

Emails to the PFHA Executive Committee

 I wanted to log my correspondence with the PFHA executive committee because I believe clarity is important, and because I feel that my bree...