Friday, May 05, 2017

Dakini Scoot Boot Thoughts and Troubleshooting

So, I've had some time to mull over the problems I had.  They're not massive problems, and honestly, the boots so far are great for me.  I am constantly pushing them to see what we've got.

The reality is 98% of the time on trail, I can avoid mud and water.  Mostly.  I will say at some rides, if the footing is mucky, we can get into some deep, sucking mud and filth.  So, that's why I keep pushing these boots the way I do.  I want to see what their limitations are.

So, with my recent rubs, I turned again to my Scoot Boot fitter and asked for ideas.

Some of my ideas were to:
Spray a little ShowSheen/Body Glide/Desitin on her heels to try and ease the problem

She came back and said to try the Mueller tape, very loose.  Also, put the gaiters back on.  Keep playing with it.  Try it with the tape and without.  Try it with the gaiters and without.

Ideally, yes, I'd like boots I need NEVER fiddle with.  Wouldn't we all?  And if I was "just" a trail rider (not denigrating trail riders!  I sometimes enjoy a good casual trail ride with good friends!), I wouldn't be pushing these boots to their extremes when I'm out on my home trails, but trying to trouble shoot problems before they become problems at an endurance ride.

So, up next, we'll try a light wrap of Mueller tape and see what happens.  Might be next week before I can get to the experiment as I've got to get some in, and go see what happens. 

Will continue to track and update our Scoot Boot adventure.  Still, so far, I find them quite a good boot for Dakini and myself!

No comments:

Emails to the PFHA Executive Committee

 I wanted to log my correspondence with the PFHA executive committee because I believe clarity is important, and because I feel that my bree...