Thursday, May 18, 2017

So, what's next....or "Let's Keep on Riding Because...WHY NOT?!"

At this point in this season, all I can do is laugh about the mishaps and non-completions.

I have learned.

I have learned shoes are NOT a failure as I once posted.

I have learned a Rider Option of ANY type is not a failure. 

I have learned a new method of hydration for my horse.

This season has been about learning, for me.  It has humbled me.  Beaten me down.  Scared me half to death.  And taught me to never EVER say "Never will I ever...."  Because, those endurance gremlins will have the last laugh.

Anyway, what's next on the horizon?

I was slated to take Dakini and Socks to "Old Glory".  I've signed up.  Mailed my check.  Except, my heart isn't REALLY in that ride.  The heat.  A trotting horse.  And then having to load up in a day or two to drive up to Amarillo.  I was going to go, but I wasn't exactly "WAHOO LET'S DO THIS THING!" enthusiastic.

Joe asked if I would stay home.  I know he didn't believe I would, but I said "Sure!  I'll stay home."

So, I'm staying home.

I'm going to TRY and get in a ride that weekend.  But, if I don't...then I just don't.

So, that just leaves Llano Estacado left to do.  I'm sticking with the original plan; Strider/Dakini/Strider.  LDs. 

Both are completely capable.  Both are good ponies. 

I just...might seek to leave more middle of the pack with each of them on their respective days. 

Just in case.  ;)

No comments:

Emails to the PFHA Executive Committee

 I wanted to log my correspondence with the PFHA executive committee because I believe clarity is important, and because I feel that my bree...