Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Hurry up and SLOW DOWN already!!!....or "If I don't have a nervous breakdown, it'll be a miracle"

This is going to be a record setting short post, though I have things to say.  Go figure, right?

Tomorrow I make the drive to my first, and it's final, Llano Estacado endurance ride.  This is north of Amarillo.  I'm looking forward to going.  Except for the drive.  THAT intimidates me.

However, there's some....issues.

I noticed on Thursday when I went to pick up Kaylee that the truck's front passenger side tire was a little bald on the outside.  So, I knew it needed a rotation.

Scheduled that for Saturday afternoon (we had obligations Saturday morning).

Well, so actually, it needed a new tire.  I always buy in pairs, so two new tires, the nice rear tires rotated to the front and my best front tire as my new spare (the guy at Discount Tire was pretty sure it was the original spare with the truck based on the age).

GREAT!!  In and out in an hour.  READY TO GO!!

I run into the WalMart right next door to start getting supplies and head for home around 6ish.

The instant I get on IH35, it feels like the entire rear end of the truck is fishtailing all over the place.  It's just all over the lane, and I'm white knuckle driving to get it to the gas station (needed fuel).  I KNOW I'm not hallucinating, so tell Joe I need him to test drive it because there is something VERY VERY VERY wrong!!!

He can't drive it Saturday night (well, it's a long weekend, so he's already kicked back a few drinks).  So, he takes it out Sunday morning and says "Yeah, suspension is shot."

Which, we had been told when we did the oil change/transmission flush earlier in the month, but...we thought we could wait a month or two before doing it.

Nope.  It needs to be done NOW.  Joe's words "The truck isn't even safe to drive."

So, we drive it down the street to the mechanic who did the oil change/transmission flush.  I check online, doesn't say they're closed on Monday, so I make an online appointment for it first thing Monday.

Kind of shoots my plans to get hay on Monday...but...whatever, I'll get the truck back and I can at least PACK it Monday night and have it ready.

I drive to the mechanic Monday morning to drop off the keys....and...they're closed. 

Cue my screaming and swearing and wailing.

Suffice to say, I left a key hidden on the truck this morning about an hour and half before they open.  And, fingers crossed, they'll get him fixed up today!!!  If not, well then...guess I'm leaving late tomorrow.

To add insult to injury, I managed to LOSE my bloody debit card on Saturday.  So, I have to fly out of work today and run to the bank to get a new one. 

The horses won't get their smushes and electrolytes today, but they got them Sunday and Monday. 

The way I see it, if all the disasters happen to ME and they happen PRIOR to the ride, maybe things will go my way this time?

Maybe?

See you all post-Llano Estacado!! 

No comments:

Emails to the PFHA Executive Committee

 I wanted to log my correspondence with the PFHA executive committee because I believe clarity is important, and because I feel that my bree...