Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Work it girl!!!...or "How all the ponies modeled new tack"

Forewarning.

Photo heavy post.

So, a week or so before our endurance ride, I ordered a trail halter/bridle, breast collar and hackamore noseband for Dakini from Janet Grimes Stoltz of Trail Blazer Tack.  Earlier this year (maybe late last year?) she had posted this gorgeous set of wine/reflective silver and I saved it because I KNEW it would look good on Dakini.

I finally took the plunge and went all out on this set.  I upgraded everything and did what I wanted.  Because, how often do I order such things for my horses?

Padded noseband and breast collar.  Diamond cut.  Bling!  Upgraded hardware. 

And the final result looks FANTASTIC!!

I put just the halter/bridle and breastcollar on all 3 horses.  Really, looks the best on Dakini, is okay on Strider and just isn't my thing on Socks.  But, push comes to shove and someone needs to wear it, they'll wear it!!












(PS-Sorry she's so filthy!!)

And then, I tossed it on Socks!!








He didn't look over impressed with the whole thing.  And is so chill that he didn't care that I was jumping up and down and hollaring in an attempt to get his ears forward.  Crazy Arab?  No.  Not even close.

And then, Strider's turn!!



















In his, I snapped more photos of the detail that Janet does which, for me, puts her stuff over the top.

Bling on the keeper loops.  Beautiful buckles.  Bling on the strap that attaches to the cinch for goodness sake!! 

And she was easy to work with.  I had the set in my hands in a little over a week from the day I ordered it to delivery to my box. 

HIGHLY recommend Trail Blazers Tack (Janet Grimes Stoltz) on Facebook!!

No comments:

Emails to the PFHA Executive Committee

 I wanted to log my correspondence with the PFHA executive committee because I believe clarity is important, and because I feel that my bree...